Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas Morning started out a little rough. I was up most the night with Clara who was sick. She had thrown up from her fever getting so high and didn't sleep well at all. So she and Jack both slept in really late till almost 10pm. I was wide awake bc I was so excited for Clara to see that Santa had came. Jack woke up in the BEST mood! He was super smiley and happy! 



We always open stocking first! Clara was excited about her spongebob bandaids even though she won't wear bandaids, and she LOVED her silly putty. For some reason Santa always forgets to stuff my stocking. 

Santa brought Clara her Cinderella Barbie she had been wanting that lights up and talks and the matching dress up outfit. Jackson was brought some really cool Tonka trucks. 

It was a chaotic morning, the wrapping was much more fun and Clara just wanted to open stuff and didn't really care what she was getting. 
Mike bought me nightgowns that I desperately needed with this ever growing belly and a new shower caddy.  Mine broke months ago and it's been so annoying with all my stuff stacked on the floor. I got Mike his Grizzly sleeping bag he's been wanting forever. Don't know when he'll actually use it but he was excited. 

This year we got the kids quite a bit but it was all really good deals. I did 95% of my shopping online. Kohl's was having  ridiculous online sales, and Amazon too. I only paid shipping on 2 items and I didn't have to leave the house pregnant with 2 kids. It was AWESOME! We got the kids a Thomas the Train set, Playdoh Baker's set, new bath towels, Clara got a Pink BB gun that is WAY too big for her, Jack got a Little People's Airport, and some DVD's for them to share. 
Clara woke up feeling much better so I thought she was on the mend. We packed up the kids and headed to my mom and dad's house. The amount of present was overwhelming. There was hardly any room on the floor in the living room. We are all so spoiled. Clara couldn't wait to get her jammies, and take out her hair bow. So I made her take some pictures first and then let her change, haha. 


Batman joined us for opening presents
Mom was given the job of handing out the bazillion presents, Clara assisted of course. However she would hand you your present and then open it for you as she's handing it over, lol!! She opened quite a few of Uncle Tom's lol. Oops! I had to explain to her that she only opens hers lol. It was pure chaos and the amount of presents was insane. Jack got a cool Barbie car and some new Barbies. He's obsessed with Barbies still, it's so funny. He loves their hair. 

We played White Elephant this year again. It's such a fun game to play. I had bought a banana keeper and my dad picked it and he HATES bananas. And then in the end I got screwed and stuck with the athletic cup from last year which was so funny! 
These picture of Jack and his new Barbie are hysterical. He shakes her violently to make her hair fling back and forth, lol. 

It was hands down, one of the best Christmas' I've ever had. We ate amazing food, laughed and enjoyed our family just hanging out. I got to visit with my Aunt LouAnn for a long time which was nice. Having children has just brought such a different joy and meaning to the Holidays. Clara was a riot this year with how obsessed with everything Christmas she is. It's just going to get better and better. I keep thinking about next year when we have our 3 kids and Bud & Crissy will have Aedan and the twins! It will be so different. 

We were all very spoiled. I got so much stuff it was overwhelming. My parent's got me the 50 Shades of Grey series, JK Rowlings new book, 2 Starbucks cup, gift cards, socks, Coldplay DVD set, Betsy's Wedding on DVD, and other things I can't remember. Crissy made us this adorable jar with our monogram on it full of hot chocolate mix, Tom & Cole got me The Flaming Lips cd I wanted, Bobby got me a itunes card. I can't even begin to name all the things the kids got. Our van was jammed packed when we got home. I ended up having to get 2 more rubbermaid drawers for all the stuff the kids got. And that was after I cleaned out a giant tub for Goodwill. 

The next day my house was a disaster zone. Mike had to work the next day so I was stuck on battery duty and putting together play sets. The little people airport took me well over an hour to put together. There was a billion stickers to put on it. The kids have been having a blast with all their new stuff. 



No comments: