Monday, June 11, 2012

Clara's Garden Party

For Clara's 3rd birthday party we decided to have it at my parent's new house in Hart Flat. Now that she is getting older it seems so much easier to keep her parties small with just our close friends & family. I found the idea of a Garden Party on Pinterest of course, and it was super cheap! My mom and I picked up almost everything at the dollar store, and a yard sale! 
I wanted each child to decorate their own pots with paint and foam stickers, however it was too cold at my parents, so we moved the party inside and there was NO way we were going to let kids paint their pots in their new house haha! So thank goodness I had bought a lot of stickers! 

 Here's the kids the morning of the party. 
 Daddy even helped hold balloons all while playing on his iphone, doesn't he look so handsome with pink balloons lol.  
I went to go hang balloons at the end of the driveway and my brother took all these horrible pictures of me bc I never do anything "active" lol.  




 We had a yummy deli tray from Caesar's Deli, Mike made spinach dip, ranch dip, chips, wheat thins, pretzels, and my mom made the most delicious punch ever!!! 
 Auntie Misty made her awesome garden cake, worms and dirt with pretty butterflies! It was actually cupcakes, then frosted over the entire thing. So the kids just tore off a cupcake. It was DELICIOUS! My favorite frosting of all that she makes. 
 My mom found all the lanterns and plates, and napkins that were butterfly themed at the dollar store. It was so awesome! And then I cut out big butterflies on Misty's Cricut, along with butterfly nets from the dollar store as well. 
 Auntie Cole & Jeannie, and the beautiful view that day! 
 Sully & Nico & Jack Jack
 Clara talking to Grandma GG, Uncle Bud, Uncle Bobby and then Tyler, Katy and Mike. 

 Dad & Misty, Grandma & Aedan, Eric, & Aedan.
 Papa & Aedan, Tom & Cole
  
 Clara's friends Lucy, Carter, Sarah, Lincoln, Sylvia and cousin Aedan all decorated their pots.


 Then they went outside to fill up their pots with soil, and plant their snap dragons. 







 Then it was cake time!! It was the first year she didn't cry during the birthday song!! She actually hammed it up! She blew out her own candles and then was mostly concerned about eating a worm not the cupcake! 
 I HATE worms so much, even gummy worms. My mom thought she was funny sticking one on my shoulder. Then the shirts came off and the eating began haha!!

 Then it was present time! She could seriously care less about opening presents. Once she opened one, she was just obsessed about it and didn't care about the others. Not to mention is was usually her nap time right about then. 
She received so many goodies!! Tons of clothes, toys, movies, playdoh, coloring books, and my grandma made her a ducky that holds baby ducks in her belly. I have one exactly like it that she made for me when I was a baby. I started to tear up when I opened it. I was REALLY excited about it!  We got her two necklaces silver elephant and a gold alligator, 2 movies, and a preschool activity book.
 Then the real fun began!! My parents foyer echoes really loudly and Clara and Aedan started running back and forth screaming and the ALL the kids joined in on the fun. And so did Uncle Bobby!!




 It was so loud it was deafening, but the kids were having a BLAST!!
 After the party, Clara decorated Grandma with some stickers. I love the picture to the left of my mom and Clara. They are quite the pair! Seriously my children's favorite person is their grandma. 
I still can't believe she's 3! My beautiful girl. So grateful my parents hosted Clara's birthday at their new house. 

No comments: