Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Clara Turns 3

Clara turned 3, on Monday, May 21, 2012
 When she woke up she came down the stairs and peeked at her surprise from the staircase. 
 She was half asleep still and said, "Balloons". 

 Cole stayed in town so we could spend some time together with Clara for her birthday. My mom was out of town up in North Fork cleaning up my grandma's property with my dad, grandpa and brother's Tom & Bob. I know she was very sad to miss her actual bday but we are having her small party at my parent's house next weekend. 
 We took Clara to John's Incredible Pizza for her bday. Misty met me there with Eric too! Clara was in kind of a grumpy mood. She wasn't really interested in eating and then the rides and noise scared her in the playland. However she really like the kids area with the slide (which was free). So I bought $5 in tokens for no good reason haha! 
 Eric & I finally got her to play skeeball. Uncle Eric put her on top of the machine and was letting her throw them. I was freaking out that someone was going to come yell at us for letting her stand on it haha. 
 Then Eric won her a shark in the claw game. She was quite excited about it. Later that night we went over to Misty's and hung out for a little bit.
 I made tacos for dinner and when daddy came home, he went and bought her ice cream at rite aid and played tickle game with her. 
 Later that night I took her to bed. We played for a little bit and then I got her into bed where I read her some stories. It's our tradition every night. She picks one book to read, and then I read from the "baby" book as she calls it, It's a book I received for Mother's Day a couple of years ago from my mom. I LOVE this book. It has recipes, fairy tales, songs, rhymes, poems. I never realized how gruesome fairy tales are. Apparently I grew up only knowing the Disney version of them. I never knew the wicked queen in Snow White, ate her heart. I never knew that the giant had a wife in Jack in the Bean Stalk. So many things I'm learning. I'm loving that book! 
She also has me read her every night the note that my grandma Dorothy wrote in one of the books she gave me for my shower. 

I LOVE Clara to pieces. She's one of the loves of my life. It's been the best 3 years of my life. I can't wait to enjoy her more and more as the years go by. She's my sweet girl! 

No comments: