Monday, June 11, 2012

Mom's 50th Birthday Party

We celebrated my mom turning the big 5-0 with a birthday bash!! She's not the kind of person that would dig a surprise with a bunch of people so she knew we were throwing her one, but she didn't know most of the details. The day of the party we sent her away to have a pedicure and watch the new Snow White movie with her sister, my Aunt Judy. So it was nice for them to get away and have some much needed sister time! 

My brother Mitchell made these awesome invitations, please excuse the ugly eraser marks that I put on them for this blog. 

Clara getting ready for the party putting on her makeup! 

 Eric and I made this really cool 50 picture collage. I scanned a whole bunch of pictures from my mom's childhood and through the years. We ordered black chairs and raspberry cloths, and we bought sour cherry balls, tulle, and used my old baby jars to make party favors. Misty printed the cute labels for the jars. And of course tissue balls, and balloons. We also had extra pictures hanging from string taped to the ceiling. It's hard to see in the pictures bc the wind was blowing. 
 Misty made the most AMAZING dessert bar. She had chocolate covered strawberries, cookie dough cake balls, cherry chip cake balls some with coconut, some without, cheesecake bites, and little chocolate mousse cupcakes. 
 Michael threw down the most awesome and delicious dinner. He made tri-tip, chicken, roasted potatoes, carrots, salad, AMAZING chili beans, and pyrenes rolls. We had ice tea, sodas, water, and beer to drink. He wanted it to be perfect because he loves my mama and LOVES to cook! 

 He recruited Eric to be his sous chef, haha!! Eddie and Bobby were our muscles that day! They helped move everything, and fetch everything. It was so great! And Crissy, Nicole, & Misty helped so much too! We were a great team, and I couldn't thank them more for taking great care of my kids and helping decorate and clean and get everything ready. Crissy even bathed my kids for me!! It was a lot of fun to be able to do this for my mom!! 

 I only had 2 people actually call and RSVP, so 45 minutes after the party started only my grandma and aunt and uncle had arrived and I started getting really nervous. But my mom was fashionably late to her own party as well, so it worked out perfect bc EVERY person invited came! It was perfect. Plus the potatoes needed to cook longer so it was good that most people were late! 





 I made sure to hit up the dessert bar before they melted or were all gone. And Nicole took that opportunity to capture this moment of pure bliss. 
 Jack took a nice long nap while we decorated but then woke up starving!! 
Erin & Misty

Such a great picture of my parents. 
Clara kissing Uncle Eric!! 



 Aedan giving Aunt Judy, Grandma & cousin Jack kisses. 




 All the kids were taking turns riding on the Rhino. Clara used to be terrified of it, but since she seen Jaiden go for it, she wasn't afraid anymore. It was really cool! 

 Billy & Erin brought Jaiden's little Jeep. Clara & Aedan were fascinated with it, and just sat in it. The battery ended up dying after a while. 

 PRESENTS!!!!


Birthday Cake!!!
We surprised mom with a trip with all of her kids and grandkids to Morro Bay so she can finally see Hearst Castle. She's been dying to go back since she was a kid, and now we will all get to be with her. 

My handsome hubs and I

My grandma Virginia, Clara calls her GG & my mom. 

Cleta has worked for my parents since I was 5, and I'm 31, she's watched me grow up and is family. 

This is Cole as my kids call her, she's my brother Thomas' girlfriend for 5 years now, and I LOVE her to pieces. 

My mom, bestfriend and I, Misty is like my mom's other daughter. 
My beautiful Mama and I. 

Thomas her 2nd son, Child #3! 


This is my mom's mother's brother, Uncle Kurt. We call him Squirt, and his wife our Aunt LouAnn. He's my great-uncle. 
Mark is the drummer in my dad's band the Road Dawgs, and my mom adores his wife Tina. And their daughter will be our new babysitter! So excited to finally have found someone! 

This is my brother Mitchell's wife Crissy, my sister in law. I love her too! 

 My mom with her oldest son, my brother Mitchell. Child #2!


Aedan is my mom's first Grandson. 





My brother Thomas' friend Martin. We've known & loved for years now. Miss him when he's away going to school in Santa Barbara. 

My brother Thomas' friend Eddie. This kid is straight up family!! Love this guy! We miss him when he's away in Montana going to college too. 


Jack plays bass in the Road Dawgs with my dad, and has been a family friend since I was a little girl. 
My mom has put up with this guy for 14 years now...since he was a teenage kid eating all her food! Her son in Law! 




Billy works for my dad, and they have became family to all of us through the years. 
Kelly & Ralph are extended family through marriage. (Crissy's parents)
Crissy's grandpa. 

My mom & sister Judy, my aunt. 
Chili is my dad's best friend as well as band member of the Road Dawgs. FAMILY!! 
Baby brother Bobby, third son, Child #4! 
Old Bones...the saddest stray dog you'd ever meet, that we tamed with lots of bologna and hot dogs! Now he's my mom's shadow. 






The end of the night, Mike & Eric went a little crazy and were shot gunning beers. And my aunt bless her heart cleaned the entire kitchen that night. I helped a little lol! I was exhausted! 
Mark & Tina's middle daughter Aleena held Jack till he fell asleep. So sweet. Jaiden and Clara were quite the pair snuggling together. 

We don't have any pictures of it but Nicole came up with a great idea of making a video of different people saying happy birthday and giving her a little message. Most of us all have iphones, so we all sent videos or recorded in person by Tom or Nicole and then Nicole put them all in order and Bobby made the video. It was sooooo awesome bc Thomas was able to get video of my grandparents and uncle that live out of town. My mom was blown away and it was so unexpected! It was a great surprise to her! 
I'm pretty sure my mom had a BLAST!! 

WE LOVE YOU MOM & LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT 50!!!


2 comments:

Nico said...

great post! I like how you labeled the pics then still explained who they were. lol. btw you can tell thomas and I are quite the PDA couple! haha

benilhalk said...

Fun begins in your 50th birthday. Best thing is the dessert bar and grilled food. My sister is planning a girl's party with all her friends this summer. Thinking to go for Chicago venues for the dinner and tea arrangements. Looking for some amazing games and musical themes to make the get together more interesting.