Sunday, March 18, 2012

First Snow Day in Hart Flat

My parent's finally got snow that actually stuck around for a bit. It snowed all night at their house, so they got 5inches. We loaded up our snow gear that we bought for Utah (it NEVER snowed while there), and took the kids up to experience snow for the first time. Clara seen snow when she was 8 months old in Utah, but that was it. It was absolutely beautiful at their house and I can't believe we get to enjoy it and it's all ours! It's so great that their new house feels like home too! The kids just love it there, we ALL love it there. 

 Here's Clara all decked out in her adorable purple snow gear!! 
 Jack Jack in his camo gear!
 I brought up the sand toys that I just bought for the beach bc I know my daughter all too well, and there was no way in heck she was going to touch the snow or play with it, without a shovel. And boy was I right! 
 Daddy had to do all the work while she watched. 
 Grandma, Papa and Jack Jack
 I made my mom put Jack in the snow and he was NOT happy. He was soaked and I had to take him in and change his outfit. But I had to get a picture lol. 



 Papa put gloves on brother bear and he just kept staring at them. 


 Dad made a cool bonfire outside and it was really warm standing around it. He said next year he's gonna have it all decked out and nice to sit around. 

 Grandma made Clara a snowman. Clara of course refused to touch the snow, but she held the carrot for grandma. Grandma worked really hard on him! We found 2 sticks for arms, orange wedge for mouth, carrot for nose, and rocks for eyes, and don't forget the sand bucket for a hat!!
 We tried to get her to hold his stick hand but she refused and finally just stood there and smiled next to him, lol. 

 Tasting the snow!
 Mike took Clara up the hill (no pictures) and made snow angels with her. It was so cute!!!

 My mom and I! I LOVE her so much!!
 Our little family!
and no that is not dandruff, this is SNOW!! they started getting heavy snow as we were leaving and the hwy ended up closed. So glad we went home when we did!! It was a super fun day!! Not to mention the awesome potato soup my mom made, delicious!!! 

No comments: