Thursday, March 1, 2012

Clara's 1st Trip to Dentist

Clara finally had her first trip to the dentist. I don't know why I was so nervous to take her, so I kept putting it off. I thought for sure I was a bad mom and not brushing her enough and that she was going to have cavities. But we were lucky! Her teeth are perfect, her bite is good and her teeth are aligned good so far! She has all 20 of her baby teeth. The staff was so friendly and great with her. Luckily for me, Clara LOVES to brush her teeth. 

 I tried as much as I could to prepare her and tell her about the dentist. She was actually excited when we got there, not scared at all. 




 She loved the suction wand. She listened very well and did exactly what the dentist and hygienist asked her to do. 
 Then she got to play with the Nintendo DS, which neither one of us could figure out how to use, lol. 

Then she had her xrays, and while we waited for the dentist she brushed the doggy's big teeth! Dr. Purdy was great with her, and when he asked her how old she was, she held up two thumbs up for 2! He thought that was quite hilarious! Then the fun part came when she got to pick out a toy and sticker. She LOVED that! 

2 comments:

Blake and Alisa said...

she is sooo cute. better than my kids' 1st trip to the dentist

Darcy Losh said...

Mom, don’t be nervous! Look, your daughter is perfectly fine! I wish all kids would be as happy and brave like her. I’m sure if that’s their attitude, all kids will be cavity-free.