Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mike's 30th Birthday

My husband Michael turned 30!! When we met and started dating he had just turned 16. I can't believe he's 30! There are so many amazing things that I love about my husband. 
1. He's an amazing provider for our family. He works so hard for our family, and has given me the best gift of all, to stay home with our children. 

2.He's a hands on dad. He loves his children more than anything and has changed more diapers than any other dad I know. His children adore him. 

3. The man can cook like nobody's business. Best pancakes hands down, and I'm not even a pancake fan. 

4. He has a wicked sense of humor, one of the reasons I deeply love him, nobody except for maybe Clara can make me laugh like Mike. 

5. He's straight up sexy. Sorry had to say it, but he's a hotty. Especially when I see him in his work truck working in his uniform. Whew! 

6. He has some incredible friends, that love him very much. I think it's so important to have people that you can count on and Mike has been lucky enough to have a few really close friends that he can turn to. 

7. He's willing to help anyone with anything, even if it means he's getting nothing done at his own home. 

8. He actually has pretty good taste in movies, and enjoys a good chick flick, which I appreciate very much. 

9. He has good hygiene. He always smells good and takes good care of himself. 

10. He is the best hugger, and I think rarely people get to experience them except for his kids and I. 

11. He generally has a positive attitude about things. He hates when I think negatively about stuff. 

12. He has a genuine love for heavy metal music, that I just don't understand but I can appreciate it. 

13. He knows me better than I know myself sometimes. He's pretty incredible in what he can see in me. 

14. He's encouraging, he thinks I'm capable of a lot more than I think I am. 

15. He's PATIENT!!! People have NO idea how patient he is. When I had all my serious medical problems, he was the biggest support to me and was incredibly patient with my recovery. 

16. It takes a LOT to make him angry, unless you mess up his food. Other than that, he's a pretty calm dude. 

17. He gives really good massages when I beg. 

18. He's very knowledgeable about extremely random things. He's always popping off with random trivia. 

19. He's a dog lover!! His dogs are so special to him. And he'd probably like to have a cat if I wasn't deathly allergic. 

20.  He's a shopping addict. He is obsessed with outlets, and shopping in general, which could pose a serious problem, hehe. 

21. He likes old cars, and LOVES his landcruiser to go 4 wheeling in. 

22. He also loves guns and has become quite the collector. 

23. He laughs at such random things, such as the simpsons, or Supertroopers (everytime). And when he gets a good laugh going its a high pitch squeal kind of a laugh, otherwise he's kinda grunting when he's laughing. 

24. He loves kids, he will hold anyone's baby it seems like. He was meant to be a dad. 

25. He has a close relationship with his sister which is great because I love her to pieces. 

26. He's also really close to his aunt and uncle and reminds me of his Uncle so much it's not even funny!! 

27. I know for a fact he misses Jimi very much, all the time. 

28. He's capable, and I don't give him enough credit sometimes. He can do almost anything he puts his mind to. 

29. Michael may be nonreligious, but he is a good man, he's honest, loving, thoughtful, doesn't lie, cheat or steal, and has a good heart. He has the best of intentions in all that he does and I think that is very important. He basically lives by the golden rule, most of the time. Nobody is perfect.  

30. MOST of all he puts up with ME!! Not too many men would be willing to tolerate my list of issues. 

Happy Birthday Michael!! Here's to 30 more!!!

 We had just got back from Utah the night before, so we decided to get together with friends and family Saturday at 6pm at Rusty's. Michael with his matching hat with Jack Jack. 


 Gus, Tyler, and David
 Crissy and Nico
 Grandma Virginia


 Misty and Cousin
 Michael and David
 Eddie was in town and came to hang out and have beer and pizza, he had to leave the next morning to drive 20 hours back to MT. 
 He got all kinds of goodies for his birthday. His favorite present was a minky blanket that my mom made him. He's not willing to share it yet. I just snuggle with it while he's a work, he can't stop me. 
 Aunt Fishy and Jack Jack. We hadn't seen each other in over 2 weeks, she had just got back from Georgia the day we left for Utah. It was way too long. She also made him some delicious cupcakes. 



 cousin and Mike

 Bud and Aedan eating a cupcake
 bobby's fabulous mustache
 Aedan and Gama
 I was next in line for the mustache

 I look awesome

 Thomas is so inappro pro

Nico had to leave us to go back bc she had to leave for school the next day. It was very sad!! I cried a tid bit, and to get myself in check. They had a long goodbye, lol!! 

1 comment:

Misty0126 said...

Awwwwwwee This one was so sweet! It is true, I know pretty well that Mike is one of the good ones. :-)