Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Las Vegas


One our way home from Utah, we stopped to stay with Mike's dad. We got into Vegas about 1:30am. It was a good drive and so glad to be getting closer to our home. We had a great visit and can't wait to go back to visit soon. The next day we woke up and Pop's made a fantastic breakfast, and then I stayed at the house with the kids while Mike and his dad went to Redwing so Mike could get work boots. Then later in the afternoon we took off to go shopping at the outlets, but Mike wanted to make a pit stop to go to Fatburger at the Texas Station. They have a fantastic veggie burger so I couldn't say no to that. I also gambled $7 and lost. 




 I did not notice until I uploaded these pictures that Clara was licking mustard off the table, that is sooooo gross. 
 Mike couldn't wait to tackle the XXL with Bacon. 
 We shopped for HOURS. We had so much fun. I scored some awesome deals on Disney ornaments at the Disney Store. And then hit the GAP outlet and went bananas on the clearance items. I got a really nice cream wool peacoat for $13, normally $80. SCORE!! 

 Pops with Mike and his grandkids

 Late that night, Pops gave me my first Taroh card reading. It was really interesting and enlightening. I think people have a very skewed view of Taroh and think of it as evil, but it's not at all. There is a lot of history to them and very neat to learn about. 
 This playground was left at his dad's house when he bought it. He's offered to give it to us, if we can come get it. I'm really tempted, Clara has soooo much fun on it. I just worry that other people's kids could get hurt on it and fall off it. 

 Pops has 4 dogs and this one is Zachary. He is the sweetest thing dog ever. He was Clara's shadow the entire time we were there. I wanted to take him home with us. 
I don't know if it's because I was so excited to be home or what, but the last 4 hours driving home from Vegas, felt like torcher. I was sooooo tired of being in the car and felt like I'd never make it home. Clara was "rocking" out on the way. We got home around 4:30pm and then I had just enough time to deal with the kids and get dressed and head back up to my mom's house for dinner with some friends.

No comments: