Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

There are no words to describe what it means for me to be given the gift of Motherhood. I always wanted to be a mom when I was little, and then when I was in high school I swore I'd never have children. Then when I got married to Michael we knew we definitely wanted to have kids. I had no idea we would end up struggling with fertility for 2 years. It was terrifying and depressing. We were incredibly lucky however bc we only needed one round of fertility treatment and I was pregnant. I have many wonderful friends that have struggled with fertility and have experienced tremendous losses that I cannot imagine surviving. I often think, why me? Why were we so lucky and blessed to be given the gift of children. Most of you know I went through some pretty major medical problems from Clara's birth, but I would do it all over again a millions times to have her. And then I had to give up my career which meant everything to me. I felt so lost and deeply saddened to have to resign from being a social worker. But I had to have the surgery and had no more medical leave left. I was terrified to give up my job. But it was such a blessing in disguise!! I now have the most amazing job in the world, I'm a stay at home mommy!! And then Jackson was such a wonderful surprise. We were getting ready to start fertility again and was starting all the "pre drugs" & then bam I was pregnant before treatment started. What a miracle!! 

I get to wake up to my beautiful, hilarious, amazing children every morning and get to spend the entire day with them playing, feeding them, changing them, and loving them. Michael has given me the most amazing gift of all, and that is to be a stay at home mom with our children. I could not ask for a better life right now. I'm just trying to enjoy every moment with my babies bc they are growing so fast but everyday is like a new adventure. Clara is doing things and saying the funniest things and it changes everyday. Jack is hitting mile stone after mile stone. And I get to watch it unfold right before my eyes! So I can't thank my husband enough for all that he does for our family. Yes we have our ups and downs and boy do we fight at times, but he's the love of my life, and loves me & his children more than anything, and takes the best care of us. 






We went to Old Towne Pizza in Tehachapi for Mother's Day with the family. It was fun to all get together. I was really upset bc I forgot all the presents at home. I worked so hard on a homemade rice pack for my mom and couldn't wait to give it to her, plus her half a pound of See's chocolate chip truffles. Oh well she came the next day and got them and then forgot the chocolates on the table. She was very upset haha! My parent's got me a Demarle mat that I can roll out dough on. I've been wanting one really bad bc flour gets nasty on my grout. And Misty made me chocolate covered strawberries, a beautiful planter with seeds, and a giant pickle. 
Later that night Michael gave me a beautiful card and made me a bomb dinner! This is what he wrote in my card..."I love you so much for all that you do for our family. I know sometimes I expect a lot from you. You fill our children with so much love & happiness and I am so grateful for that" He's the best!! 








My mother is the most hard working woman I know. She busts her butt everyday. She literally never rests. She is always organizing, cleaning, doing yard work, paper work, running errands everywhere, cooking, taking care of everyone. And right now she's trying to get my parent's old shop cleaned out so they can sell their house. I can't believe all that she does. My children are so in love with her. Jack literally screams and cries when she walks in the room bc he wants her to pick her up. And I can get Clara to do anything if I tell her we are going to grandma's or that she is coming over. I LOVE my mother so much. She is 1 of 3 of my best friends. I tell her everything and she's my rock, my support and my friend. I just love being with my mom and hanging out with her. I knew growing up I loved my mom, but I had no idea how much I did and that we'd be so close. I aspire to have the same relationship with Clara when she's an adult. And of course with Jack Jack too. 

No comments: