Friday, February 8, 2013

Hudson's Surprise Shower


Misty and I decided that we would have a swanky girls night out before I had baby Hudson. We planned a dinner at Cafe Med while the guys went out to see a local show. My mom came over to watch the kids and Misty & Steph came to pick me up. Chasity also met up with us for dinner and we had a delicious dinner. We had never been there and it was pretty good. Misty was on her phone texting during dinner and I was talking crap and she said that Lisa was trying to plan their run for the next day, so I didn't think anything of it. Then I wanted to stay and have dessert and none of them ordered and my fat, pregnant butt sat there and ate dessert while they all watched. Then we left and Misty said she had to run home real quick to feed the girls and then her and Steph were going to come over and hang out with me and the kids while the guys were out. So we get to Misty's house and she parked and I was just going to sit in the car while she ran in to feed her dogs, but Steph got out so I thought, "I guess I'll get out the car too" and when I walked in I about went into labor bc a bunch of people screamed "SURPRISE" at me. I have never been surprised before in my life like that. I was completely floored. I had NO clue. Even Chasity beat us to the house and was there haha! 

My mom and Misty had went behind my back and contacted some of my girlfriends, my sister in laws, and my grandma for a small surprise sprinkle. It was amazing! I had the best night. I just love all my friends so much for taking the time to come and give me such a special evening and all the goodies to welcome baby Hudson.  

Side Note: My poor mother had basically an hour and a half to get my kids fed, dressed and rush to Misty's to finish setting out all the food. Had I known or Mike known we would have had them dressed lol.  Misty didn't want Mike to know about it bc the man can't lie about anything without me seeing right through it. So she sent him a text as she was walking through the door to pick me up, and he was leaving too. I am the most disorganized person on earth and all the kids clothes were folded in a basket in my room. My poor mom was running around my house with Clara's unguided help trying to find their clothes bc they were in their pajamas. Needless to say she made do with what she could find, and Clara convinced her that her size 10 black Mary Janes were her new shoes. They were new shoes however they were given to me by a friend and were to be worn in few years when she can fit them. It was hilarious. 

All ready for my dinner date with the girls. 

 The kids ready to play with grandma for the night or so they thought lol. 


 Mommy all dressed up. 
Also I let Clara put makeup on while I was getting ready, and she put a bunch of clips in her hair. My poor mom hahaha!

 Seriously so shocked, I couldn't breath bc I was so full!! And then I cried...big shock. 


 Since my fat butt HAD to order dessert at dinner, I was sooo disappointed bc my mom and Misty had made the most amazing desserts. From chocolate dipped cheesecake squars, cheesecake turtles, brownie bites, lemon squares, mini mint cups, strawberry cups, fruit dip, pineapple upside down cakes, and much more. I ate left overs for almost a week. Everything was so delicious. 

Misty made these adorable party favors with polish and little whales. 
 Sister in Law Nicole, and sister Alicia
 My Mama and I with my giant belly.
 My friend Kara & I. 
 Preggos!! My sister in law Crissy & I
 My dear friend Sandra & I
 My grandma Virginia 
 My friend Chasity & I (she totally had me fooled)

 BFF Misty & I. 

 My friend Jenn (who's expecting twins boy & girl) & my long time friend Christine (who has twin girls)

Cousins Aedan & Clara


I was given all kinds of baby goodies, and lots of diapers which have been GREAT! We haven't had to buy any since we had him. Misty had some really fun games to play, Celebrity Baby Match (geared toward my reality tv stars & fav celebrities), & What's in My Purse game (the person with the most items on the list won), & then she played Mad Lib and everyone had to fill in one word and then she read the story about me using their words. It was hilarious, quick and super fun. 

 Jack ended the night by playing in grandma's shoes. He's obsessed with shoes. 

There are no words to explain my gratitude to all of my friends that were able to come. It was very last minute from what I was told, and it means the world to me! I have the most amazing people in my life. Even though I may not get to see or talk to them regularly (thank goodness for Facebook) I still love them and think about them all the time. It was a really fun night and made me feel special and loved. And I'm grateful that Hudson was celebrated as well! Every baby deserves a celebration! 









No comments: