Sunday, October 19, 2008

Trip to Utah

Mike & I went on a vacation to Vernal, UT to see his sister and family. We stayed for a week and had a blast. It was my first time in Utah. I am blown away by how clean everything is. The highways, gas stations, restaurants, etc. The trip from Bakersfield to Vernal is almost 14 hours. It was my longest road trip to date. I was able to go to Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and Wyoming all in one trip. On the way to Utah we stayed the night in Las Vegas and then headed through Arizona and stopped in St. George, UT and went to the temple. The temple was gorgeous. There were weddings going on all over the place. Arizona Border

St. George Temple




Us at St. George Temple





Beaver, UT "Mountains of Fun" & apparently cheese curds


Mike was so excited to go to Cabela's, I however was not so fond of it.

Mike & I laughed at this room in Cabela's because it was the laborador room. It was like our room accept we have the real deal.




This was a beautiful waterfall on the way to Vernal through the canyon.





When Mike and I arrived to Vernal the next morning Blake and Alisa had to go up the mountain to preg check the cows. We got up really early and headed up the mountain and this is a picture of some of the cows. I forget how many cows there were, I think something like 600 cows. It was interesting and the cows were mooing and crying because their babies had just been removed from them a couple of days before this and they were looking for them. It was really sad and I was happy to leave Michael and Blake to do the work. Alisa and I and the kids went back home and spent the day together hanging out.



Alisa & I made these amazing eclair's/cream puffs. They were so good!! Ben would only eat the chocolate sauce. He doesn't eat anything white. It's pretty darn cute!





Ben & I at a restaurant in UT.



Ben was going to be pluto for Halloween, and Brendon was going to be Mickey Mouse.


Ben the cowboy with his horse "Sissy"




Uncle Mike & Ben in the truck on the way to the flaming gorge




Group shot with our matching sweatshirts


Cutie Brendon with snow in his hair!!


The cool bridge on the way to the Flaming Gorge.


Mike, Ben & I at the Flaming Gorge


The love birds Blake & Alisa


Wyoming!! We drove to the sign and turned around. It was too cold!


Alisa ordered me a cake for my 28th birthday. She was really upset because she had ordered the Mickey Mouse kit and they called her the day of my birthday and told her that they accidently used the kit on someone else's order. So she had them decorate the cake in my wedding colors hot pink and orange. It tasted so good!



Blake & Alisa got me some cute baby clothes, pacifiers and a subscription to Taste of Home magazine for my birthday.


The day before we left Blake took us to his parents property and showed us where he grew up and the corn they raise to feed the cows. There were a ton of deer on their property. They were so beautiful and Blake wants to eat the buck!

Corn

After his dad chops the corn it goes into a dump trailor where they dump it right here and then his brother was going over it to compress it, which will then ferment and become food for the cows.
This is the corn all chopped up.




We took Ben and Brendon to the park to fly Ben's kite. It wasn't very windy so Blake and Mike ran back and forth trying to get the kite to lift. This is Brendon and Mike at the park.





This is the morning we left. It was terrible to leave.


This is the sign on the way out of Vernal. I was planning on taking pictures of the adorable town of Vernal and of Dina the dinosaur however, I was so hysterical when we left that I couldn't stop crying enough to even want to see the town or the dino. So I missed out on those pictures. It was really hard leaving them. We had such a great time and I wish they lived closer.



Snowy mountains in Utah.







1 comment:

Blake and Alisa said...

I can't wait for you to send me a copy of all of those pictures! I love them. I just wish you could have been here longer. And I love your baby ticker and that your baby looks like a real baby now. I promise I'm going to send you your sweater and stuff soon, remembering to go to the post office is a little too much brain power for me right now. love you guys