Monday, November 19, 2012

Latest Enjoyments...

 Okay so I'm a complete and total yuppie for reality television. The stupider the better for me. To me it's an escape from financial worries and other stresses in our lives. It takes me away to la la land, and frankly I'm a nosey body. I like to be in peoples business and see how people live their sometimes crazy, fun, rich or pathetic lives. My husband however, HATES it. He hates the shows I watch and is constantly complaining about it. However, this little gem called Duck Dynasty came along. It's the perfect blend for the two of us. I have never laughed so hard in all my life. Yes there are moments when I shut my eyes bc of some of the gross stuff (like gutting fish, eating frogs, dunk hunting) but they are hysterical. Uncle SI is my favorite. The man is a secret genius I swear. Multi-million dollar rednecks = good freaking times. From what I understand most of them have college degrees, and were actually REALLY good looking before they became cavemen. 




Starbucks Peppermint Mocha's. They never went away, I could always order them when I wanted but now there are pretty pictures at the drive-thru of them for the Holidays. They are my favorite. The only problem is that I can guzzle a venti in about 30 seconds. And that is WAY too much caffeine for my baby boy Hudson. And they are $4.75 a piece. So I need to simmer down on that!  

.

I recently discovered Bento on one of the blogs I love to follow http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/ The Adventures of Rory & Jess. She has 2 little girls and another baby on the way, and makes the cutest little lunches for them. It's a Japanese thing and they do a lot with sushi and rice. I of course just want to get Clara excited about eating different foods in cute little containers. It's supposed to cut down on waste, bc everything is reused. So far I haven't used anything I purchased bc she doesn't have preschool till next week. For now I've been cutting out her pb sandwiches with a heart cookie cutter and she LOVES it. Plus she hates the crust and that is the easiest way to de-crust a sandwich. 



My mom bought me Magic Mike on blueray for Christmas early. And then Channing was picked  Sexiest Man Alive. Heck YES!! He is unbelievably gorgeous and can dance like I've never seen. I can't wait for Mike to watch it with me and learn the choreography bc my man has moves too. You should see him dance Gangnam style, haha!  



And lastly... my wonderful, obstetrician Dr. Lewis decided to go and retire right before my last baby was born, lol. He was my doctor for 18 years and was amazing to me. He deserves a happy, fulfilled retirement. I met my new doctor, Dr. Hoang. He's completely different from Dr. Lewis. It's a big change for me. He's up to date on all the modern things, is very anti-medicine, and has a very different approach to performing  c-sections. I had such a great c-section last time and want it to be exactly the same, and when I asked if he would use staples on me, he about fell over dead from shock. He's never even done staples before. He uses a special ring device to do the c-section and my uterus will never leave my body so the recovery is very quick and supposedly significantly less pain. Which is hard to believe considering how great I felt last time. I barely remember any pain. Also because of his cultural background he believes in waiting 30 days after you give birth for permanent birth control. I wanted to have my tubes tied during my c-section and he had a lot to say about that. He wanted me to research "Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome". Apparently when they cut your fallopian tubes it cuts the blood supply off to the ovaries, and can cause some serious hormonal issues after. So he recommended a non-surgical procedure called "Essure" and wanted me to research it. However there is getting ready to be a class action lawsuit regarding this procedure that I discovered doing research. So that terrified the crap out of me too. He was also hesitant for Mike to get a vasectomy bc of some possible side effects with that as well. So he will do whatever we want to do, he just wants us to do our research and make the right decision for our family. I now have NO clue what our decision is upon our research lol.  

I had to share with him the story of Clara's birth and the reconstruction I had to have. He then told me that he had a lady come in the day before with the same thing that happened to me only her life was ruined "forever". She had a permanent colostomy bag, and no longer had a rectum. I literally cried when he was telling me, bc I just can't believe there are other woman out there that had to go through that. And to know she is living "my worst case scenario" is just beyond heartbreaking. When I tried researching other people that had that happen I found very little. It's so taboo and people are afraid to get help. So to hear someone was in his office the day before me, in Bakersfield, that experienced such a trauma, was overwhelming to me. I wish I could meet her, as weird as that sounds. It makes me realize how lucky I was, and that I finally found an amazing doctor that saved my quality of life. That surgery was the worst, most painful thing I've ever gone through so far in my life, but I'd do it a BAZILLION times over bc I got my most amazing Clarabear out of it. 

So I'm looking forward to being a patient of Dr. Hoang's and I'm trying to welcome the change bc I'm scared that I won't have it as good as my last c-section. But he said he was going to challenge me that it will be the best c-section I've ever had, which seem unbelievable to me. Challenge accepted of course lol! 





No comments: