Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Well Child Checkups for Clara & Jack

We went to see Dr. Pardo this morning. My mom came to help me with the kids thank goodness! Clara turned 2 in May so she was due for a Hep A vaccine and a check up. And Jack is 2 months and was due for vaccines and a check up as well.


A 2 year old check up was so different. No more laying on the scale, or measuring tape, she's a big girl now. She stood on the scale for her weight, and stood against the wall for her height. And they took her blood pressure. It was so cute because she had a tiny little blood pressure cuff. Clara didn't mind it at all. Clara weighed 27lbs was in the 50th percentile for weight. Which actually shocked me because she has ALWAYS been in the 25th percentile, so I was quite happy about that. She is 2'11" tall, in the 75th percentile for height. She still has bit of an umbilical hernia but it should go away. She also has seasonal allergies, so she now needs to take over the counter liquid allergy medicine through the summer. Dr. Pardo went over how to potty train her and that she is definitely ready to start and went over feeding her. She's very picky and we have food battles, so she gave me some GREAT advice on how to handle it and she made me feel a heck of a lot better that I put brown sugar in her oatmeal. And she was supportive of me signing her up for swim lessons. So she's not due for another well child until she is 3.
No fun getting shots poor baby!


Jackson was due for 4 shots and the stomach virus liquid. He weighed 12.8 pounds was in the 50th percentile. His height was 24 1/4 inches, was in the 75th percentile. His head was 39cm, was in the 25th percentile. He is doing wonderful and had no issues what so ever. Dr. Pardo also reassured me about feeding him formula and that it was perfectly fine and that he was able to get all the immunities he would need within the first few weeks of nursing. I have been really upset about him not nursing and no matter how much I have been pumping I'm not able to produce enough ever since I had the weird enzyme issue in my milk. So I need to just let it go and not feel guilty about it anymore. The most important thing is that he is healthy and happy, which he is!!


I would just like to say, I am finally pleased and happy with our pediatrician. I love ALL of the staff, and how little I wait to be seen, and how quickly we can get in to see Dr. Pardo. And she is just too awesome for words! Cheers to healthy babies! 


No comments: