Sunday, February 8, 2009

Nursery

I haven't begun the nursery yet and I'm realizing I'm running out of time. This is an example of the bedding I want my mom to make. The fabric is by Heather Bailey and Amy Butler. I want the colors to be teal, sage green, pink and brown. We found the fabric at Strawberry Patches but we need to buy a crib first so we can measure the amount of fabric we will need. Clara will be here before we know it. I've got to get busy.
This is an example of the paint color I want the room painted. I want to get baby pictures of all of our family an friends and hang them on the wall in a collage. I also want to order or make letters to hang her name above her crib and I want to finish making the paper topiary's or balls for her nursery.
This is my favorite outfit for Clara. I found it at Old Navy on clearance in Valencia. It is so adorable.

This is some of her new clothes that we have for her. I also have 2 huge bags of clothes that my friend Christine gave me and I just need t wash them and put them away. I am getting the dresser that my mom had when she was a baby. It's dark brown and my grandma had decorated it with pink and blue nursery rhymes. My dad just has to fix the bottom drawer and I need to get new knobs for it and it will be her dresser.

This is most of the stuff we have for her nursery. I bought a Finding Nemo lamp a long time ago for our children, pop-up books that we had when we were little that I found on Ebay, my old tea set that my mom never let me play with, a book of old antique nursery rhyme books that my grandma Virginia gave me, some toys that my aunt Judy gave me and the "baby things" baskets that I found at Homegoods in Valencia that my mom bought me. I also have a giant diaper pin that hangs on the wall with hooks. That is literally all we have. So I need to buy a crib, changing table, car seat, and then I can focus on the nursery.
This is the nursery as of right now. That furniture actually belongs in the guest room. I think I might keep the tv in the nursery. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time up there.


This is the cradle that my grandpa Spicket made. My brothers Thomas and Bobby slept in it as infants and so did my cousin Cassell. It's very special and now I get to use it for Clara. We are planning on having her in our room in the cradle for at least 6 months and then upstairs in her nursery. I'm sure yet.




This is me at 6 months pregnant. I feel huge already!!

Michael kept messing with me and taking my picture.
























2 comments:

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Congrats on the girl! I love the patterns/colors...I'm sure it will be adorable. You have alot already, so that's great!

Way to go on the sandwich, Mike...good husbands make all the difference in a family!

Blake and Alisa said...

girl you do have a lot to do, but now you have more time to do it, i would do it soon cause you'll be nesting before you know it and all you'll want to do is clean so itwould be nice to have everything else done first. love ya