Saturday, August 16, 2008

Never Ending Boxes!!

So today was the first day we actually attempted to unpack a chunk of our boxes. My mom and Lindsey came over and kicked my butt! It was totally what I needed. I have ZERO motivation and have no idea where to put things away to. We have such a big house and a ton of stuff but no furniture to put things away into or onto or inside of. It was total chaos. The day we packed our stuff we were so disorganized and had packed boxes of miscellaneous stuff that if feels like XMAS all over again because we have tons of surprise boxes. It also felt completely overwhelming when I opened some boxes because I was so frustrated by all of our junk. I seriously own more cups than anyone in this whole wide world. I could have furnished three houses just with cups. I got rid of a ton of stuff from the kitchen because nobody needs over 100 cups. My kitchen is totally not functional. Thank goodness Lindsey is so tall because she was able to stash away all of my "I don't use often" kitchen gadgets on the tallest shelves in the cabinet. My kitchen cabinets are really tall but have built in shelves that don't move and I can't even put my cereal in my cabinets unless I lay them down like Lindsey did. Apparently they didn't eat cereal in the 60's. I can't wait until we build up some equity in our house because we are going to gut our kitchen and redo. So we started on the house around 2:30pm and Lindsey didn't leave until almost 8:00pm and my mom left around 10:00pm. We got a lot done. Mike put in a few 3 prong plugs, new speakers for the surround sound, hung up my curtain rod and new curtains and did a TON of laundry. I feel accomplished. I think I might sleep really good tonight. So tomorrow my mom is coming back over and we are finishing the front living room, laundry room, main bathroom and some of the upstairs. Pictures are to follow soon.

2 comments:

Blake and Alisa said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm so happy that you guys have a blog. Ben loves to see the puppies. He was just so excited. I can't wait to go back to my blog and add you guys to my list. I might add david and lindsey too. hope that's okay with them, but it would be nice to check in on them too. I've totally got to call you guys today. love ya, alisa

Blake and Alisa said...

make a new post! i'll e-mail you, so excited that you ar egoing to come up and visit, alisa