Sunday, March 17, 2013

Life with Three

We've had a busy 3 weeks since I've had Hudson. I'm feeling really good and can't wait to be cleared by the doctor to be able to lift over 10lbs. It's so hard to not pick up Jack but I occasionally do. Hudson has been so far the easiest baby I've had. He sleeps perfectly, up every 2 to 3 hours to eat, and poops and nurses like a champ. He also takes a bottle and is turning into a paci baby. We take him on Monday to be circumcised. We had to wait for 3 weeks bc he needed to weigh 7lbs. So hopefully he's met that mark. 
He actually enjoyed having the warm water poured over him. His umbilical cord still had a tiny piece stuck and so I put some alcohol on it and it came right off later that afternoon.  

Each of my children have sat in the lamb. I love this little chair. They are so tiny in it. It won't be long and he won't fit in it. 
Clara is absolutely smitten with her brother. 


I love these footless nightgowns for newborns. It's so great for night time feedings and changes. 
My sweet little helper watching over Hudson

These two have really paired up since I had Hudson. They play so well together and are truly best friends. For now anyway...I hope it stays this way for a long time. 
They LOVE to play on our bed. 
Clara is just now starting to enjoy dressing up. And of course Jackson joins in on the fun. He likes the Cinderella dress that lights up but it's a little bit long for him and he trips on it. 
Another game they play is called "Nigh Nigh" where they drag a blanket on to the floor or couch and pile up a bunch of pillows and pretend to fall asleep. 



Clara LOVES going to preschool. She's brought home many crafts and fun stuff. They just learned about friendship and were each assigned a friend to learn about and present in class. Clara's friend Ellie and her mom made this awesome board all about Clara. Clara was assigned her friend Andee, and we made a really fun board for her too. 

 Clara & Ellie
Clara & Andee

We took our first trip in the van as a family to head up to my parent's house to hang out and visit. Bobby was finishing up some newborn photos for us. They turned out amazing! It was odd having Clara all the way in the back with two in the middle. We are a full load now! 

Mitchell & Crissy were finally able to hold him. When they came to visit us in the hospital they weren't able to hold Hudson bc of his temperature issues. 

Grandma GG holding great grandson Hudson.

Pops McGee came to visit for a bit. Clara called him by his full name "Pops Mackey" is what it sounded like hehe! She was his little shadow. Jack loved walking around in  his boots and carrying his cane around. 


Pops did some dutch oven cooking outside and smoke was billowing into the house so Misty and I took the kids to the park on a whim. Clara was still in her pajamas and I just didn't care haha. The park was packed with people. I never go on a weekend so I was surprised to see that many people there. 
.
Jack has been in a constant state of crying/screaming lately. He cries all the time, and we can't take him anywhere. He's what appears to be claustrophobic and afraid of people that he doesn't  know. It's a very normal stage to go through around 8 months old but he's almost 2. So I'm not sure what his deal is. He goes for his 2 year well child soon and I'll ask the doctor about it then. Nothing calms him down except for Finding Nemo. So needless to say we try not to take him anywhere bc it's such an ordeal.  

We had our first dinner at the table as a family. Artichokes & Chicken! 

My sister in law Crissy made me this adorable car seat cover. I LOVE it, the fabric is beautiful and I love the wood buttons. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it after he grows out of his carrier. I want to re-purpose it some how. I love green and blue together, it must be my Scotsmen in me from high school, lol. 


I've been bored out of my mind ( you know it's bad when your dvr is empty) and so I decided to finally made Clara a bow holder. I broke the glass to a frame the other day so I used the frame and painted it, then hot glued some ribbon to it and wallah. I didn't think she had that many bows, and it turns out it needs to be bigger. I'll eventually add some more ribbon to dangle down and then add bows to it. 
Mike's going on a guys camping trip pretty soon, and so he got this little tent at Costco for $60. The kids loved it! He's gonna have a little camp out with Clara soon in the back yard. 
Jack's latest obsession is shoes. He walks around in whoever's shoes are lying around. 
We went to the BFF's house the other night and we had to snap a quick picture of sweet Cali with Hudson. 
My mom came over to watch the kids for us Saturday night, so it was my first time away from Hudson. We went to our friend Wendell's 50th bday party. We just arrived at the party and Misty tells me she has leave to go take pictures for the city at some event for just a few minutes and then head back to the party. So I told her I'd go with her and leave the guys to drink and eat. So I didn't know what she was taking me to. We arrive and it's some square dancing yearly event. So I have a shameful past that I will enlighten you all with. My mom signed me up for square dancing lessons when I was in 5th grade. It's a deep dark embarrassing secret. We all have skeletons in our closets, this one is mine. So Misty knows this past of mine, and starts asking me all these questions about square dancing, like I'm a damn expert. Well as it turns out, apparently I am. She literally thought they stood in a square and the end. LOL! When the "march" began it took everything in me to not burst out laughing. It's the most ridiculous thing I've every seen. Regardless of my past, it's still redunk. After that lovely experience we were able to laugh in the car, whilst I text my mom pictures of my WILD NIGHT OUT. I still can't believe I spent part of my first night out without kids at a geriatric event, hehe. 
The BFF's
My sexy bearded man

Me, Rocio, and Misty
Old man Wendell on his 50th!

They had this awesome photobooth at the party. It was so fun! I need to scan these bc they are treasures to keep forever. We had a fun night, and got home around 10, which was a good think bc I was about to burst. I had to nurse so bad, and of course Hudson was passed out. So I pumped and got 5oz, which is a TON for me. 
St. Patty's Day!!! 




My mom is so sweet and always sends the kids cards for every holiday. They got their Easter cards in the mail today. Clara hoards them and wants to sleep with them in her bed. Why not, right? 

So far the adjustment has been a lot of fun. We've already made so many memories in the last 3 weeks, I can't imagine what our life will entail! I just need to get more sleep, which will get better with time. And I dread Mike going back to work. But we have a lot coming up before then: Dying eggs, Easter, Beach trip, Jack's bday, and then Crissy's shower. And next week is a whole lot of doctors appointments. 

No comments: