Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

Fourth of July is my least favorite holiday simply because I loathe fireworks. I don't mind the legal ones put on by the city or private clubs or what not. But I hate that anybody (especially drunk or high idiots) can purchase fireworks and light them in the street. And so do my dogs. We get out the annual dosage of Ace and stay home. I will not leave my house at night for fear they will try to runaway or get hurt and if I keep them in the house, I'm afraid my house will burn down while we are gone with them in it. So we just stay home, turn on the tv really loud and all cuddle up on the couch. But before night time, we do head to the Nichols for a BBQ and swimming. This year was really fun. There were a few people I didn't know but mostly just our usual group of friends and all of our kiddos. 


 The guys crack me up, diving, mingling around the BBQ, catching balls. Such dude stuff lol! 
In between swimming Lincoln was chowing down the chips and salsa. And Molly got her first dip in the pool. 


Clara loves to swim and swam all day. Jack is not a fan yet, hopefully next year he will learn to like it, just like Clara did. It was a great way to spend Independence Day with our friends, stuffing our faces. 

No comments: